We are seeking a creative, savvy and analytically-minded Recruiting Manager to join The Coda Collection and help us scale our team.
Who We Are
The Coda Collection aspires to bring to life the stories that surround the songs that we love, and in turn deepen the connection between artists and fans. Across our Prime Video Channel, website, and iOS app, we have created a unique experience that combines a curated collection of ~200 films that bring to life the most meaningful moments in music and surrounds these films with immersive, custom editorial from the most talented music writers in the world.
Together, this experience aspires to do nothing less than transform the way in which people experience the power of music. In less than a year, we are off to a fast start: rapid subscriber growth, hit films such asWhat Drives Us(directed by Dave Grohl), artist engagement from the biggest names in music (including members of The Who, Metallica, Pink Floyd, and more) and top-notch press coverage.
We are now seeking to build upon this momentum, and to help propel this growth we are looking for a Recruiting Manager. Our company is based in Chicago, but you can be remote.
The Recruiting Manager will oversee and lead our company’s hiring. The responsibilities of a recruiter include identifying future hiring needs, designing job descriptions, sourcing candidates through databases and social media, conducting interviews, completing paperwork, and keeping abreast of employment law and legislation. You should monitor new and existing employees and act as their advocate. You will also support the COO/CFO to execute on the human resources side of people operations.
Where You Come In
The day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute strategies to attract, develop, engage, and retain top talent.
- Collaborate with leadership on org design and workforce planning to strategically scale the organization as we go through new rounds of fundraising.
- Update current and design new recruiting procedures (e.g. job application and onboarding processes).
- Manage team member benefit programs and recommend upgrades to our comp and benefits package to keep us competitive in the market.
- Keep track of recruiting metrics (e.g. time-to-hire and cost-per-hire).
- Implement new sourcing methods (e.g. social recruiting and Boolean searches).
- Research and choose job advertising options.
- Advise hiring managers on interviewing techniques.
- Recommend ways to improve our employer brand.
- Coordinate with department managers to forecast future hiring needs.
- Review recruitment software and suggest the best option for company needs.
- Stay up-to-date on labor legislation and inform executives and managers about changes in regulations.
- Work with and support the COO/CFO in the people operations side of human resources.
- At least 5 years of full cycle technical recruiting experience.
- Hands-on experience with Applicant Tracking Systems and HR databases.
- Experience building strategic partnerships with hiring teams and cross functional team members.
- A solution-oriented mindset. You see potential challenges as opportunities to learn and grow.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and team management skills.
- A desire and aptitude in building organizations that take into account holistic team composition and long-term vision.
- Experience building and executing sourcing strategies that go beyond LinkedIn Recruiter.
- Knowledge of labor legislation.
- Experience or strong interest in music entertainment.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and highly changing environment with limited guidance.
- End to end ownership of major project deliverables.
- Self-starter who is customer obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player.
- Technology, SVOD, or music industry experience.
- Accountable for data-driven business results, and passionate about continuing to iterate to improve.
- Sets and meets personal goals and team goals.
- Anticipates change, and keeps others informed of issues and risks.
- Recognizes this is a growing team, always pitches in, thrives on ambiguity.
- Passion for music, tech and media.
- Delivers exceptional experiences, always simplifies, never settles.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying